These are some of the most regular troubles with Lansing AC systems. You might be able to handle some of these things on your own. However, you should get in touch with us if your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant or making odd noises.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on. Make sure your home thermostat is correctly set before examining the electrical panel for a tripped breaker.
- Air isn’t cold. Double check your thermostat settings are right. If they are, it may be time to replace the air filter, if you haven’t done this in the past few months. A fresh air filter can enhance efficiency and indoor air quality.
- Uneven cooling. Unsteady temperatures are often caused by leaky ducts, not enough insulation or blocked registers. If none of those things are causing the problem, consider adding blackout curtains on south-facing windows. You can also install a zoning system to regulate temperatures in certain rooms.
- Water dripping from unit. Examine the condensate line for clogs. This is the PVC pipe exiting the air conditioner. Leaking refrigerant can also cause ice to build up on the coils and drip water.
- Air conditioner is making strange noises. Screeching, clanging, banging or clicking sounds suggest potentially serious problems. Turn your system off and get in touch with A-1 Mechanical Heating & Cooling right away.
Dependable Lansing, MI Air Conditioning Services
Today, as HVAC systems have evolved, air conditioning repair has become much more complex. There are more moving parts to air conditioners found on the market today, and in order to repair them properly, the experts at A-1 Mechanical maintain constant factory training to stay up to date.
We are the preferred HVAC contractor in Lansing. Keep cool when you need it the most and schedule your repair with A-1 Mechanical now. We will inspect and diagnose your system before performing the skilled repairs required to boost your air conditioner’s performance. Call us today to schedule your appointment!