Our Air Conditioner went out and we called A-1 Mechanical to get help. Our service person Brett was OUTSTANDING!
Geothermal Systems in Grand Rapids and Lansing
Most homeowners are familiar with traditional heating and cooling systems such as furnaces, air conditioners, and heat pumps. But many homeowners still aren’t as familiar with geothermal heating and cooling systems.
A-1 Mechanical Heating & Cooling installs geothermal HVAC systems that offer energy-efficient, natural heating and cooling throughout all four seasons. Our geothermal systems are long-lasting and easy to maintain, providing exceptional value.
For all of your heating and cooling needs, or to learn more about having a geothermal heat pump installed in your Grand Rapids or Lansing area home, contact A-1 Mechanical today.
Carrier® Factory Authorized Dealer
A-1 Mechanical Heating & Cooling is a proud Carrier® Factory Authorized Dealer. Our factory-direct technical training allows us to match our customers with the right geothermal products for their homes and deliver skilled installation, repair, and maintenance services for all Carrier® geothermal HVAC products.
How Does a Heat pump Work?
Even on the coolest or hottest days of the year, the temperature underground stays at a comfortable and consistent 45 to 75 degrees.
Heat pumps operate similarly to traditional air-source heat pumps. The main difference is regular heat pumps gather and get rid of heat through the air outside, while geothermal units transfer heat to and from homes through liquid-filled pipes that are buried underground.
What Are the Benefits of a Geothermal System?
There are many advantages of choosing a geothermal heating and cooling system over traditional systems, including:
- Reduced energy costs. Although geothermal units cost more upfront, you can recoup much of that money through superior energy savings. You can save as much as 20-50% on cooling costs and 30-60% on heating costs.
- Federal tax credits. Federal tax credits are available through 2023 for the installation of an Energy Star-approved geothermal system.
- Quiet. The heat-exchange process is very quiet, so there will be no more sleepless lights listening to your heating or air conditioning system run.
- Reliable. With few moving parts, geothermal systems are very reliable and rarely break down.
- Environmentally friendly. Geothermal energy doesn’t rely on fossil fuels such as oil or gas, so you’ll significantly improve your environmental footprint.
- Long-lasting. Geothermal heating and air conditioner systems can last 25 to 50 years, much longer than conventional HVAC systems.
For all things HVAC-related, get in touch with A-1 Mechanical today.
Contact A-1 Mechanical to Install a Geothermal HVAC System
We expect geothermal systems to continue growing in popularity because of their many benefits. If you’re interested in learning more about geothermal energy or having one installed in your Grand Rapids, Lansing, MI, or surrounding areas home, contact A-1 Mechanical today.
Great company to work with. Very responsive 4 yrs after installation. Great technicians. Definitely recommend!!
Fast service. Parts were received in timely manner and installation was prompt. Service was explained and demonstrated its function. Very happy.
I called after hours and spoke to a machine, but they called me back bright and early the next day to set up an appointment. The technician who came out to my home was friendly and worked quickly, and cautioned me about the need for more frequent servicing without giving me a “hard sell” or being pushy.