Homeowners tackle maintenance tasks throughout the year to protect their homes, keep their residences looking good, and to make their loved ones as comfortable as possible. Heating and cooling systems like furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, boilers, and other units require regular maintenance, but too often, homeowners overlook this critical service. Find out how you can simplify the upkeep of your home and gain value with an HVAC maintenance plan.
What Is HVAC Maintenance, and Why Is It Needed?
HVAC systems need to be maintained each year by a reputable heating and air conditioning professional. Professional maintenance is a service that inspects, tests, and services critical components of the HVAC system. Professional maintenance is necessary for numerous reasons, including:
- Improves system performance
- Increases energy efficiency
- Reduces wear and tear
- Minimizes system breakdowns
- Extends system service life
- Maintains warranty coverage
A professional tune up should be in addition to simple maintenance you perform between service visits, not in place of it – you still need to change your air filter regularly and correct airflow blockages, along with other routine tasks. Heating systems like furnaces and boilers as well as air conditioners require one annual tune up. Heat pump systems that provide both heating and air conditioning for the home should be tuned up twice per year.
What Is an HVAC Maintenance Plan?
It’s easy to forget to schedule heating and cooling maintenance tune ups throughout the year. Many homeowners don’t pay much mind to HVAC equipment unless it’s causing issues – they are largely out of sight and out of mind. However, skipping this important service can have serious negative consequences when it comes to the condition of your equipment, the comfort of your home, and even your manufacturer’s warranty coverage.
To help homeowners stay on top of their home heating and cooling system maintenance needs, many HVAC contractors in Grand Rapids and throughout the country offer HVAC maintenance plans. HVAC maintenance plans go by many names – you may also hear a heating and cooling contractor refer to them as preventative maintenance agreements, PMAs, service agreements, service plans, or another similar term. While terms vary by company, HVAC maintenance plans include annual heating and cooling tune ups, and often other valuable perks such as discounts and priority service.
Why Should Homeowners Enroll in HVAC Maintenance Plans?
Enrollment in an HVAC maintenance plan provides various benefits that offer value to the homeowner.
- Your annual heating and cooling system tune ups are covered under HVAC maintenance plans. Maintenance plan members are already on the contractor’s radar, so tune up services can be completed ahead of heating and cooling seasons. Many HVAC maintenance plans include priority scheduling of these appointments, and the company will call you to set a date and time that’s convenient for you. You don’t have to remember to make the call and schedule these services yourself, risking the possibility of forgetting.
- HVAC maintenance plans ensure your heating and cooling systems receive the dedicated care they need each year to improve performance for better comfort, ensure peak operating efficiency for lower energy costs, reduce the impact of wear and tear to prevent breakdowns and keep your unit in service longer. Tune ups also uphold the terms of your equipment warranty so this protection will be valid should you ever need it.
- Most HVAC maintenance plans include much more than two annual system tune ups, though. Contractors often offer extra perks for maintenance plan members that go beyond maintenance and enhance convenience and control costs for the homeowner when other services are needed. Repair discounts lower the cost of any repair that may pop up over the season. Equipment discounts and credits can lower the price of new heating and cooling systems when it’s time to replace your units.
Take Care of Your HVAC Maintenance Needs with A-1 Mechanical
A-1 Mechanical offers HVAC maintenance plans for homeowners across the Grand Rapids and Lansing areas. With annual tune up services plus valuable perks for repairs and system replacement, joining a maintenance plan provides the assurance that your comfort systems will be properly cared for. Contact our team today to learn more about available heating and cooling maintenance plans.